Have you tried Shikakai for Hair? Shikakai is all natural and Ayurvedic used for many centuries in India earlier there were no shampoo or conditioner during that time they were using herbs, gooseberry, and soap nuts to wash their hair.
The term Shampoo derived from Sanskrit word “Champu” which mean massaging and cleaning your hair or body also Shikakai is a natural way to cleanse your hair and scalp.
Shikakai for Hair
Shikakai “aka” Acacia Concinna used from ancient times to maintain scalp health and boost hair volume, it contains lupeol, oxalic acid and citric acid this will make your hair strong, thick, and shine.
What causes hair problem? There are many reasons like a change in climate, pollution, stress and also including people under medication will face problems like hair loss, dandruff, and hair thinning.
Both women and men are facing this problem even though there are so many products available in the market to treat all the hair related problem but come with tons of chemical. Many women don’t care what shampoo contain and also doesn’t stick to the same brand shifting to natural is the only way to overcome this problem.
I remember my mom used to apply this powder every weekend trust me it works like a charm and provides a soothing effect on your head. Also using this on a regular basis will stop premature greying of hair and create wonders on your hair.
BENEFITS OF USING SHIKAKAI FOR HAIR
- Boost hair growth
- Increase hair volume
- Reduces Dandruff
- Improves Blood circulation
- Treat hair lice
- Nourishes hair
- Diminishes split ends
- Reduces inflammation
6 Best Ways of Using Shikakai for Hair
1. SHIKAKAI AND CURRY LEAVES FOR HAIR GROWTH
Shikakai has vitamins, minerals, and saponin this will help to repair damaged cuticle and clean your scalp. Where curry leaves will help to remove dandruff and prevent premature greying. Using this solution regularly will give shine and softness to your hair.
- Raw Shikakai
- Curry leaves water
- Soak few raw Shikakai and curry leaves in a bowl of water for overnight.
- Boil this solution in the morning for about 10 minutes.
- let it cool for a few minutes.
- Later strain the solution using a net bag in the bowl.
- Apply this on your scalp and massage for a few minutes and leave it for one hour.
- Then wash it off with normal water and don’t use conditioner.
- Repeat this procedure twice a week to boost your hair growth.
2. SHIKAKAI HAIR PACK
Using this method will give you thicker and stronger hair because it contains all the required nutrition for your hair. Fenugreek has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which will reduce the itchy scalp and provide a cooling effect on your scalp. Rice has amino acid and anti-oxidant properties which will strengthen the hair roots and add volume to your hair.
- Raw Shikakai
- Green gram
- Fenugreek seed
- Soak few handfull of Shikakai, 1 tablespoon of green gram, 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seed, and 1 tablespoon of rice overnight.
- Following in the morning boil this mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Then transfer this mixture to a grinder and blend into a fine paste.
- Transfer this paste to a bowl and apply this paste to your scalp and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure three times a week for a better result.
3. SHIKAKAI HAIR WASH
Shikakai is a natural way to cleanse your hair and scalp by using it on regular basis also reduces dandruff and help to get rid of lice in the hair. Using this twice a week will boost your hair growth and prevent premature greying.
- Shikakai powder
- Add two tablespoon of Shikakai powder and add half glass of warm water.
- Mix it well till no lumps are present.
- Let it sit for one hour and then apply this paste on your scalp.
- Massage gently for five minutes and wash it off with normal water.
- No lather will be formed but works perfectly and don’t use conditioner.
- Repeat this procedure at least twice a week for healthy hair growth.
4. SHIKAKAI AND GOOSEBERRY
This solution contains all the required nutrition for overall hair growth, where gooseberry is very rich in vitamin c which prevents dandruff and darkens your hair. Soap nut contains saponin which will strengthen hair root and makes your hair healthy. Flaxseed contains Vitamin E and anti-oxidant properties will nourish your hair and provide a soothing effect on your scalp.
- Raw Shikakai
- Dried Gooseberry
- Soap nut
- Soak few Shikakai, little soap nut, four tablespoons of Flaxseed, and dried gooseberry in a cup of water and close the lid.
- Let it soak for overnight.
- Following in the morning boil this solution for about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and strain this solution using a net bag.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your scalp and massage gently for five minutes.
- Later wash it off with normal water and repeat this procedure twice a month.
5. SHIKAKAI AND EGG WHITE FOR OILY HAIR
This hair pack contains egg proteins which will nourish your hair and make your hair soft and shiny. Shikakai has many Ayurvedic benefits and using this pack twice a week keeps your hair in good condition.
- Egg white
- Shikakai powder
- Add one egg white in a bowl and beat it well.
- Later add four tablespoons of Shikakai powder into it and mix well.
- Let it sit for one hour and apply this mixture evenly on your scalp.
- Wash it off with normal water and don’t use any conditioner.
- Apply this mixture twice a week for healthy hair.
6. SHIKAKAI AND RICE WATER FOR SPILT ENDS
This paste contains rice which will strengthen hair root and add volume to your hair, furthermore rice contains amino acid and antioxidant properties. Applying this paste on regular basis will boost your hair health.-
- Raw Shikakai
- Soak few Shikakai and rice in one cup of water for overnight.
- In the morning blend this mixture into a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on massage for about five minutes and let it be for an hour.
- Later wash it off with normal water and don’t use any shampoo.
- Apply this paste twice a week for a better result.